Friday 22 June 2012

Boys In Town

First off, I am so sorry it's taken me this long to write another blog. I know there isn't a real excuse but honestly I have had other things on my mind lately.

Matt was the first one to arrive to Singapore, I he got here really late or early however you look at it (2am) and the next day's plan was to meet Jason and Rob at the airport. So the next morning him and I jump in a cab and get to the airport. We went to the right area and everything and I was just beyond excited to see these boys. Some of you may not know, but Jason and Rob are our neighbors in Charles Town and have become our Brothers, when we lived there we were introduced to Matt who is a friend of Jason's who has now become our friend.

Anyways, after a good amount of time I started getting worried. The baggage ring is behind glass so it's not like I can stand by it and look for them, so we waited. Then everyone had their bags and finally I started to go to different staff at the airport to get answers. Unfortunately they gave me a number that no one answered, I even left a message but no one ever called me back (LOL). I even had them paged! After about an hour we gave up and got into a taxi and went back to the apartment. Normally I would be worried but they knew our address so I figured they could get there one way or another.

When we were in the cab I got a call from Dustin (who was at work) who said that Rob called him (can't imagine how much that phone bill was) saying that the boys were indeed at our apartment. After we got to our apartment I gave hugs and was just so excited that they were all here. They got settled with everything and then went to the store for beer. After the beer we went to the pool and honestly they were drinking, a lot. But that was to be expected, they did fly 30 hours. When it came time, Dustin was off work and we met him up at the bar and continued to celebrate the guys being in town.

After the first day we took the guys around Singapore. We took them to the bay, up on the Marina Bay, most all of the tourist spots. We had them meet our friends here, and everyone got a long and had a great time. We also went from Harry's at BQ to four floors so they could see what we were talking about.

After a couple of days they really wanted to see another country. So one day we sat down and looked at the options and found the cheapest one was to go to Bali. We booked the flight about four days before hand and it cost about 300 USD per person. This was including our flights, hotel stay at a two room villa with private pool and breakfast everyday. It was a great deal. We were only there for three days but we enjoyed every minute. We spent one day walking around trying to find the beach and we finally found it. We walked around and stumbled upon the Potato Head Beach Club. We have had our friends here in Singapore tell us that we need to go and we just happened to find it. It was a great day, drinking, eating and soaking in the beautiful sights.

The last day we were there we went snorkeling. Now I have never been so I was quite excited. I did see a lot of beautiful fish but it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. I am sure if we had time to go to a different place we would have seen more fish, but it was still a great experience and of course I would like to do it again!

After we got back the next day Matt had to leave but Jason and Rob were here for a couple more days. Those days we just hung out, saw the city and enjoyed the pool. When it was time for them to leave I was very sad, as was Dustin. These three men have become more than just friends, they are our family. I know I say that a lot but that's what they are.

I was sad but then again I was excited, not that they were leaving but because a week after they left my girlfriends Jen, Jen and Jen's daughter Kathleen were going to come into town for a visit. It also meant that we are that much closer to coming home for a visit.

My girls are here now and we are really enjoying the time. It will be sad to see them go but again I am excited because four days after they leave, my friends Kara and Gavin come to visit for a couple of days and then I am home for a month. I really am having a great time and am really enjoying myself out here in Singapore and I am truly not taking advantage of being here but when you're gone from home for a long time, you get excited to go back and see everyone, even if it is just for a little while.


Hope you all are doing well and I will be posting blogs about the girls stay and of course while I am home. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment