Saturday 10 December 2011

Day to day

We are on the third month of living here and it has it ups and downs. In the beginning I was having a lot of fun exploring the city and getting to know where to go and what to do when Dustin was working. Being here he works days, which in the beginning I thought was going to be wonderful.

It is wonderful to have him home every night, trust me I like that I don't sleep alone at night. But I didn't realize just how long a 12 hour sift is until here. He is gone all day, usually at home I would go to bed about four hours after he leaves the house and when I wake up he's home or going to be home. Here I have from 8am to about 10:15pm to kill time with out him.

Once we got settled into our apartment I was starting to run out of things to do. I have seen all I really want to see by myself around here. I would like to go to the zoo and things like that but I want to wait till there is a day when Dustin is off. We do have friends but they work as well, I believe all of them work a 9-5 five days a week job.

Can you see where I am going with this? The days Dustin works during the week (and sometimes the weekends) I can get really lonely. I know, I live in Singapore but there are only so many things I can do, plus I don't want to spend a ton of money just because, that is just stupid. Yes, I have started to volunteer but it's not every day so it does entertain me and I do enjoy it a lot but when I am not volunteering the days get long. I hang by the pool or go walk around by myself window shopping, the gym takes up about forty minutes of my time.

At home I would meet up with friends or clean the house while Dustin was sleeping or I'd do yard work, something. Here I find myself trying to do stuff but doing it by yourself gets old, fast. I know this won't last too long because I am hoping to pick up different volunteer jobs that take up the week and once the new year comes our travel time will start and we will start getting visitors for at least a week. But right now, holidays and things like that get me thinking which turns into being homesick.

I know I will get over this but just so you all know I am not living the life of luxury out here because I am not working, I don't think I fit in that life style anyways, it does get lonely but with support from my wonderful Fiance and my family keeping up with emails I will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment