Monday 14 November 2011

Fort Canning Park













I had heard about Fort Canning Park from Dustin and saw signs for it numerous times so I decided to see what it was all about. I know that there was the Battle Box there that I wanted to see. So I made my way over to the park and found that there were lots of art sculptures there. It was very interesting and of course I took pictures of them. It was like any other park with the exception of the ‘old married couple’ bunks and the Battle Box.

Now walking around, I didn’t have a map of the park so I was going off of sense of direction, and we all know that it’s not very good. I did find a map and luckily went the right directions this time. I found the box but I had to go pay to go inside it. I went to the window and made half of the movie that was playing about WW2 and Singapore. After the movie I went into the battle box and found it interesting. It was an underground command center during World War 2. It was also a bomb shelter.


Each room had different reenactments with manikins that had a scary resemblance to real people. It was very interesting, I would suggest going on the guided tour rather than taking one yourself because you find out what happened down there during the last days before surrendering. I did have to pay about 8 dollars and I thought that it was a little much to pay but that’s okay, I enjoyed it. So after I got out of the box I decided that I had seen enough of the park, again going alone isn’t as fun as going with someone else and bring some lunch with you and enjoying the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment